• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scroll creation

In the rules it says that you can only create a scroll that you can cast from memory. My question is if you memorize off another mages spellbook, can you then create a scroll for the spell you memorized during game. The rulebook doesnt really cover if you can create during an event.
In game : Finly F. Faun
Out of game : Jordan Couture

(06-19-2018, 10:14 PM)Winters Wrote: In the rules it says that you can only create a scroll that you can cast from memory.  My question is if you memorize off another mages spellbook, can you then create a scroll for the spell you memorized during game.  The rulebook doesnt really cover if you can create during an event.

I've went extensively over the rule-book in order to make a scrollmaker-type of character and asked those questions before on Global.

Production occurs (prior) to an event. It unfortunately cannot be done in the middle of one.
You can memorize off another mage's spellbook, but you must be able to cast the sphere as well as have (the book you memorized) in-hand during production at logistics. 
If you are unable to memorize, because you do not have that sphere, slot or the book in hand. Then you cannot produce that scroll (yet). But there are ways around this (see below).

Which means that during the logistics (production) when you come in at game, you have to;

A- Have the ability to cast the (sphere) and proper slot (spellcasting capabilitiy) in order to memorize and cast the spell in question from memory. 
B- Have the spell-book you've memorized that specific spell, in hand during logistics/production. (Or) have been handed the book by a friend (confirmed by Shaper; email/other methods) to prove you had access to it before the 6pm-10pm's (Friday) or any logistics/production period. This is to represent you having accessed it during the needed days for the production itself to take place.
Clarification Note: This is similar to people coming in with pre-cast spells by either allies, paying spell-casters to cast buffs or the frag abilities: (A friend in need) & (A friend indeed). 
Its basically confirming you met the requirements (for the scroll-making) during the month or days prior to the game's start and you having produced a craft during that time.

The only way to circumvent/bend this sort of ruling are the following;

A- You are a Templar with Scroll harvest (occupational class ability), and have a scroll of the spell you want to produce at Logistics in hand. You present it as proof of having the requirements to create the scroll of that particular battle-magic sphere.
B- You have 10 ranks of Create Scroll. The required ability to cast the sphere is lifted as a restriction.
(Odd rule: C)- You want to upgrade a scroll from a normal to a glow-ink scroll which can be cast at night-time without a source of light. 
(Normally, a scroll cannot be cast at night-time or without a source of light). You would consume the original scroll, and have to pay 50% more RM (on top of the level of the spell of the scroll) to produce it. But it is a way to technically re-create a scroll you do not have the sphere of on-top of upgrade it to a Glow-ink scroll.

Keep workin on em'productions!
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-06-26%20at%207.51.1...s9b8xa.png]
An androgynous looking Faun with an outwards masculine walk and brusk approach but with a feminine curves and voice.

You are the best, this helps me out a ton
In game : Finly F. Faun
Out of game : Jordan Couture

Yeah, scroll creation is a pain in the ass and expensive as hell. CP and RM wise. on the plus side, when you finally hit lvl 9 spells +9 ranks in scrollcrafting (i'm level 15 and not there yet >.>) you'll be almost without competition when selling scrolls. Life scrolls next month! booyeah!
Vanagandr Garikson of Clan Wolfsgar
OOG Andrew Wood
He currently is wearing black war paint across his eyes and veeing towards his nose, the bottom edge is trimmed with red.
Please contact me via email:  Dragon *underscore* inbox *at* hotmail *dot* com

Berserker Druid
Archmagus of the Conclave

(07-04-2018, 09:57 PM)Vanagandr Wrote: Yeah, scroll creation is a pain in the ass and expensive as hell.  CP and RM wise.  on the plus side, when you finally hit lvl 9 spells +9 ranks in scrollcrafting (i'm  level 15 and not there yet >.>) you'll be almost without competition when selling scrolls.  Life scrolls next month!  booyeah!

I'm happy one of the scroll experts is confirming what I stated was no lie! 

The productions and rules on how to create scrolls is a bit all-over the rulebook.
An androgynous looking Faun with an outwards masculine walk and brusk approach but with a feminine curves and voice.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon