• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Valid hits

G’day all!

Just want to discuss this:
“ In  order  for  a  swing  on someone’s back to be legal, both shoulder blades of the target must  be visible for the entirety of the swing. Anystrikes against someone’s back which involve reaching over or around the target are thus illegal. ”

I was fighting a spider in front of me when my shoulder blades took a beating from them. (Not my arms and shoulders, the shoulder blades) based on this I should have ignored the strikes since a person in front of me cannot see these areas.

Is that correct? Should I point this out in the heat of battle? 

Thanks.
Fearlof/Human/23 looking/solidly built but never did much heavy lifting/Bard/Harp/Flamboyant
D'umm/Orc/17 Pretty much average for an Orc, large, green, smashes things. A follower, not a leader.

This primarily refers to things like criticals or saps or surprise attacks. It does not refer to attacks from the front that hit shoulders or just behind them. The strike legally from the front must hit from a 90 degree angle, so it is possible to "reach around" in a sense to strike so long as it meets the 90 degree, but if it hits the back it will not count as a critical, or activate anything requiring you to hit the back.
A white-haired Dark Elf with a horrific black-and-red painted mask, he dons plated armor and a white kinbaori with a symbol on the back in the shape of a red hourglass with black wings attached coming to a point above it.

Bryson Lacroix
bryson.lacroix@hotmail.com

Correct.

I wouldn't point it out during the battle, just don't count the hits. If there is a moment after the battle/fight/mod, it can be reviewed

Same as machine-gunning. If it happens, you don't count the hits, but you don't necessarily need it to be pointed out during the fight itself.
Nick Crawford
Mountain Dwarf
nick@nickcrawford.org

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon