• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Healing animals with first aid?

If someone is a veterinarian, do they need to be a physician to heal an animal, or can it be done with first aid (without physician)?

Physician:
[...] This skill gives a character a much broader depth understanding of the working of First Aid and emergency surgery. [...] Each level of physician will increase the amount of body points healed through first aid bangaging by one, to a maximum of 11. Ig they have demonic/angelic arts, they can use their skills on demons and angels. If they have necromantic arts, they can use their skills on risen in their undead form. Animals may be healed with Tradesman (veterinarian).

Can someone with only first aid and veterinarian bandage an animal?
A small savar with snow leopard markings. She has a tendency to fall asleep randomly.

OOG: Gabrielle Comeau

This is a great question. I was always under the impression you just needed tradesmen veterinarian. But, I was told that I could stabilize with first aid... I would like an official ruling on this!
Doctor Davinia "Vin" Tiernan is a small wood fae with tiny ram like horns and glasses. 

Oog name: Sarah Lalonde
Email: sarahlalonde86@hotmail.com

Relevant to my interests.... I was under the impression all I needed were levels in tradesman; veterinarian to heal animals. Without need for first aid or physician.
Member of NPC camp 2k18. 
NPCS: Astra Rinne of the RECS society, Ishild Silverheart, Baroness Athanasia Nafarel, Lucrezia the wolf. 

Sort of relevant, Garrett/Will said that I could keep an animal from bleeding out using first aid, but without Vet I couldn't bandage them further. More information would be appreciated!

As far as I understand. You can use first aid to stabilise animals, but you require ranks in tradesman veterinarian to use your physician levels to heal animals.
Human man, clad in simple clothing and a flower crown. Carrying on him two swords as well as a doctor's bag. An image of a red harp glows through the glove on his right hand.
------------------------------------------
OOG: Will Apostolos

(09-29-2017, 10:36 AM)Florentia Wrote: If someone is a veterinarian, do they need to be a physician to heal an animal, or can it be done with first aid (without physician)?

Physician:
[...] This skill gives a character a much broader depth understanding of the working of First Aid and emergency surgery. [...] Each level of physician will increase the amount of body points healed through first aid bangaging by one, to a maximum of 11. Ig they have demonic/angelic arts, they can use their skills on demons and angels. If they have necromantic arts, they can use their skills on risen in their undead form. Animals may be healed with Tradesman (veterinarian).

As I read this. You require both Physician as well as Tradesman (Veterinarian) to receive a (much broader depth at the working of First aid and emergency surgery). Since it is specifically in the Physician skill itself that you have the mention of animals being healed with tradesman (vet).  And it is not stated in the First aid skill.
A platinum haired Ajaunti who loves to wear blues and turquoises. She carries some-kind of instrument or other; whether lyre, flute or drum. She has such a thick accent, many have trouble understanding her.

(10-22-2017, 09:22 PM)Teegani Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 10:36 AM)Florentia Wrote: If someone is a veterinarian, do they need to be a physician to heal an animal, or can it be done with first aid (without physician)?

Physician:

As I read this. You require both Physician as well as Tradesman (Veterinarian) to receive a (much broader depth at the working of First aid and emergency surgery). Since it is specifically in the Physician skill itself that you have the mention of animals being healed with tradesman (vet).  And it is not stated in the First aid skill.

Most tradesman skills seem to be FOIG, and not explained in details in the rulebook. It would make sense to be able to stabilize them with only first aid, as someone with vetenarian should know how to heal animals without specific knowledge of the human body.

Since a lot of people agree and seem to have heard that first aid + veterinarian would work, I assume it would work.
A small savar with snow leopard markings. She has a tendency to fall asleep randomly.

OOG: Gabrielle Comeau

(10-22-2017, 09:47 PM)Florentia Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:22 PM)Teegani Wrote:

Physician:

Most tradesman skills seem to be FOIG, and not explained in details in the rulebook. It would make sense to be able to stabilize them with only first aid, as someone with vetenarian should know how to heal animals without specific knowledge of the human body.

Since a lot of people agree and seem to have heard that first aid + veterinarian would work, I assume it would work.

As I mentioned earlier.
In the core-rulebook. The mention of healing animals is found under the Physician skill ability description as additional information. Specifically requiring Tradesman-Veterinairian to be able to heal animals. Not in the First-Aid skill description.

If Tradesman-(vet) Did an effect in FirstAid, it would be written in a paragraph description under First aid-itself.

p.55 (Tradesman -type) clearly states that it generates currency (3 silver) or raw material gathering (RM) (at beggining of logistics) depending on the trade. 
Its used in Role-playing otherwise. In-game benefit like healing, has to be ruled as it is found/where it is found. Regardless of our wishes on the matter.

Some roleplaying is relevant though!
Patching up (Roleplaying) something would make the creature feel more friendly with you. 
If you did this continuously and often enough. I imagine animals would naturally be comming to you regularly and form bonds with the Veterinairian healing them. Even maybe protecting them from other more dangerous things. 
(Anyone doing this should let NPC camp or Shapers know - they are doing this. They may make NPC animals act differently towards the Veterinairians healing them).

I also imagine as a benefit, you could still heal someone that was polymorphed into an animal. Since even a high level physician cannot heal animals/undead/demons/angels without picking up the relevant skills (angelic/demonic arts, Necromantic arts etc...) - to actually do so! It would still be a benefit to whomever did pick up both.

Omun- was polymorphed into a Kiwi-bird. I wouldn't have been able to heal him in that state without Tradesman(Vet).
A platinum haired Ajaunti who loves to wear blues and turquoises. She carries some-kind of instrument or other; whether lyre, flute or drum. She has such a thick accent, many have trouble understanding her.

I am throwing this onto the offical rule thread on the World wide forums. Big Grin
Doctor Davinia "Vin" Tiernan is a small wood fae with tiny ram like horns and glasses. 

Oog name: Sarah Lalonde
Email: sarahlalonde86@hotmail.com

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon