• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guild Policy on Tent Cutting

Can locks be used on the inside of tents to prevent lock picking.  Also, if a tent is locked, you just cut through the side.  Link is to the same question on the global rules forum.  Their decision was that it should be a guild specific policy.

http://underworldlarp.com/forum/thread-988.html
Human wearing brigandine armour, a brown coat, and a brown fedora.  Normally carrying a polearm and a crossbow.

(06-20-2017, 02:18 PM)Marcus Riverman Wrote: Can locks be used on the inside of tents to prevent lock picking.  Also, if a tent is locked, you just cut through the side.  Link is to the same question on the global rules forum.  Their decision was that it should be a guild specific policy.

http://underworldlarp.com/forum/thread-988.html

Stay out of my tent Marcus  Angry
Marlowe, the Druid.  He wears a mismatch of clothing as if he doesn't care about his outward appearance.  He is human and is usually bearded.  Sometimes he looks like he has no idea what is going on.  Sometimes he looks like he knows more than he wants to.

During 1st season, nobody could afford locks (and we didn't have locksmiths), so we would physically tie the zippers. Since then, we the citizens of Ashendael and likewise our opponents and enemies, have become more intelligent so that level of "security" no longer suffices. Just ask Angelo who got shanked in his tent in the middle of the night during Season 2.

Personally, I look at it as a persons tent being a "hut" as buildings can only be physically repped to certain extent on this site in the real world. We are not allowed to build permanent structures on the site, cabin space is limited, and not everybody has the cash to throw at buying a trailer. Thus, if a tent has a lock, in my opinion its secured. The only way in would be by having a locksmith pick the lock, or a nightblade use the pass wall skill. At a site like Jericho where the guild owns the land they play on and deals can be struck with ownership to build permanent structures on site or modify land around you to build a defensive base camp, I would imagine the rules are slightly different.

But that is only my opinion. Alas, I do not make the rules. But that won't stop me from going into tents.....especially Marlow's. Just remember, lock or no lock, you need a marshal present to go into any other person's tent.
Tobias Paval Dominikov
First Delver - Order of The Seed of Torment

OOG: Joel Ploeg
G-mail: joelp.iphone

I'm pretty sure Tobias is right, though there are ways to destroy structures IG. otherwise the only way to keep people out of your 10 silver tent is to buy an 80g wizard lock. *shrug*
Vanagandr Garikson of Clan Wolfsgar
OOG Andrew Wood
He currently is wearing black war paint across his eyes and veeing towards his nose, the bottom edge is trimmed with red.
Please contact me via email:  Dragon *underscore* inbox *at* hotmail *dot* com

Berserker Druid
Archmagus of the Conclave

I Don't mean to necro this old thread but, do we allow tent cutting in Ashendael?

If there is a lock/hold portal on the front of the tent can someone just cut through the side?
A High Elven male wearing black full plate with a black and red robe.

looks like some one wants to steal/kill people in the night...
Arc-Magus of the Conclave
Cleric of Roland Angel
OOG Nick Gorrie

I am of the opinion that a tent counts as a solid wall home and can not be cut through.
Tarren is a hobbled Human, tailor and blacksmith.
Kaitlynn is a rather prim human healer currently is Ashendael as punishment for mixing up the wrong tea ingredients.

If I put a lock on the front I would say that the tent is a stand-in rep for a cabin or other such thing.

At least so long as we do not have a site which we can build on. Fearlof's idea of roughing it would not extend to staying somewhere he'd have to spend life in a tent.
Fearlof/Human/23 looking/solidly built but never did much heavy lifting/Bard/Harp/Flamboyant
D'umm/Orc/17 Pretty much average for an Orc, large, green, smashes things. A follower, not a leader.

Can we get a ruling from a shaper on this?
A High Elven male wearing black full plate with a black and red robe.

it will be added to the guild specific policy's for review though i lean towards yes locks are meant for wooden or better structures like chests and cabins... again we will review it in the off season and we will release a guild specific policies document before the first on season camping event of 2018
Co-Guild Master/Head Armor Marshal/Shaper 2015-2018
In charge of: Draconic/Rituals/Templates
NPCs: Baron Ravencroft, Mayor Ra'sul Hakim, Michael Sha'relas, Bob, Derick, Guard Captain, Steve  
shawn.loader@yahoo.ca

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon